- I generally like big underdogs -- and the NBA playoffs are no exception.
- SportsInsights recently commented on big dogs in the NBA playoffs (and their solid performance so far in the playoffs).
- With the dogs making such a strong showing, there's a chance that the pendulum has swung too far. I will be looking to see if the favorites are showing some hints of (surprising) value.
In the NHL:
- Early low-scoring and hard-checking playoff games have given way to more scoring over recent games. The pendulum swings both ways and you have to keep an eye on value. The Big Salami totals have shrunken, leading to potential value again on the Over.
- In the NHL, there is a bias to visitors -- and we will be watching this trend as the playoff series extend. That is, heavy home favorites (for the higher-rated seeds) are switching to games that are more "even" as the lower-rated seeds get home ice.
- I will be watching for value on visitors in these "closer" games.